This frozen treat is really child's play (fun for
- For the freezer you need:
- 1 lb. empty can with plastic lid
- 3 lb. Empty can with plastic lid
- 1 1/2 cups of rock or kosher salt
- 20 cups( about 7 1/2 lbs) of crushed ice
- For the ice cream you need:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 beaten egg, optional
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips
How To Make It
- In the small can mix cream, milk, sugar, vanilla, and
- Cover the small can and set in the center of the larger can.
- Layer half the crushed ice alternately with half the salt in the empty
space between the cans.
- Cover the larger can.
- Now the fun begins: Choose a hard level surface like a cement walk
way and roll the can back and forth for about 10 minutes.
- Open outer can; empty old ice and water, lift out small can; wipe lid dry
and remove. With a rubber spatula scrape ice cream from can sides. Stir and
- Return small can. Repack with remaining ice and salt. Cover and roll for 5
If you can't find 2 cans, try using small and large zip lock bags and shake!
After all that Hard Play enjoy!!