Make a Flag Cake
- One package (2 layer size) white cake mix (plus ingredients to make the
cake --- listed on the box)
- One package (4 serving size) JELL-O gelatin, any red flavor
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 1/2 cups (8 ounce container) Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
- 1 pint raspberries, washed and sliced
- 1 cup blueberries, washed
- 1 cup Kraft miniature marshmallows
- Grease 13 x 9 pan with margarine and dust lightly with flour. Prepare
and cook cake mix according to package directions. Cool cake for fifteen
- Use large fork to make holes in the cake about every 1/2 inch.
- Pour gelatin into mixing bowl. Add the cup of boiling water and use scraper to thoroughly mix it until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
Use the measuring cup to scoop out the gelatin and pour it over the cake.
(It will run down into the holes, making the cake have pretty red stripes.)
- Put the cake into the refrigerator and let it chill for 3 to 4 hours.
- Use this time to cover your tray with aluminum foil if you wish. Once the
cake is on the tray, you can decorate the sides of tray with star stickers.
- Put about one inch of warm water in the kitchen sink. Take pan out of
refrigerator and dip just the bottom (don't let the water come up over the
sides) into the water for about ten seconds. Put the large tray on top of
the cake and hold on tightly! Turn
the cake over so that the tray is on bottom and the pan is on top. Take the
pan off. The cake should be resting on the tray.
- Frost the sides and top with whipped topping. Arrange the raspberries,
blueberries, and marshmallows on the cake so that it looks like a flag. (You
should have rows of red and white stripes and the blue
"background" of blueberries in the upper left hand corner.)
Put your flag cake into the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it!
Happy 4th of July
Enjoy Your Flag Cake Recipe